Saturday, December 17, 2005

Thanga Vettai - Hunt for Gold


Okie..Im gloating over my CAVS victory over the Miami Heat , it was a great win !!

While I was eating my dinner , I flipped the channel to SUN TV.The new game show Thanga Vettai (hunt for gold or gold hunt) was on.It's a trivia show.Now a taste of the questions on the show.
1.Topic : Cricket : How many runs do you score for a boundary ?
2.Topic : General : What is the "Ship of the Desert" ?

3.Topic : Literature : Which mythological work of literature did Kambar translate to tamil ?

4.Topic : General : How many avatharams does Dasavatharam mean ?(The participant did not know the answer , so a clue was given - "Total number of fingers in both hands" - thank god the participant was not Hrithik Roshan)

I understand this a family based trivia show meaning families as a whole take part in it.So you are not looking at 35 year old (No-life , No-girlfriend)geeks taking part in it.But the level of difficulty in these questions is down right pathetic.On top of this ridiculous level of questions
, the host , Ramya Krishnan (Daaaaang..ai'nt she hotttt) makes it seem like the Indian"Jeopardy".

Now , I have a question.How smart should one be to take part in this show ?

2 comments:

Sriram said...

Hey Sayee
The same smart level as you get to show in the show "STREET SMART"...guess if Siddharth Basu type quiz show is put up, they would seldom get TRP rating..

Yuvi Panda said...

Dude, exactly same feelings, and I've the agony of watching it twice a week, since my Mom and cousin Sister feel it's superb[sic]