Friday, April 14, 2006

I dont know what the Title should be - Jus felt like posting something...


Today....Because it is April 14th - Which means "New Year's Day" for all the Tamilians - Chithirai masam begins today...

For those who want to the The Tamil calendar year...Here ya go...The Tamil Calendar

Also today is also the New year for the Bengali's ....Naba Barsha

Malyalees celebrate Vishu....- Astronomical New year

Also it so happens that today is Good Friday - The day Jesus was crucified and Sunday is Easter..the Day he re-appeared...

Also...let me share this info with you . Do you know why there is an Easter bunny ? I mean why is a rabbit associated with easter ?

The answer is because...The Easter bunny has its origin in pre-Christian fertility lore. The Hare and the Rabbit were the most fertile animals known and they served as symbols of the new life during the Spring season.

So I guess these "Rabbits" have it goin on !..You know what im Saying..They are pretty good..at you know..and now I know why ENERGIZER picked the bunny as it's mascot..coz they really keep goin on..and on..and on...and on....

6 comments:

Prabhu said...

haha funny find.

and I was thinking all along that hare and rabbit are the same - rendum vera veraaiya? :(

btw, eppdi machi iruka?

Sayee said...

Doing good Buddy.. !

How is North Carolina ?

Sundar said...

Hi Sayee...
Hope u remember me .. (sundar at Univ. of KY.. orchestra :) )
Nice to know the importance of April 14th .. I donno its so special .. :) Nice photo with Simbhu and Yuvan. You luk like a HERO, when compared to others in that pic.. :) ithu nejam.


Read my recent post: Music-My Love in my blog

http://sandilyam.blogspot.com

dinesh said...

Idha eppdiyaavadhu solliye aaganum ille ippo ? :)

Rabbits kkum onakkum edho poorva janma thodarbu irukku nu nenaikaren ! :)

Sayee said...

Sundaresan : Nakkal Thaanae..
Wlll read your post !

Dinesh : Unmaiya solren da..DOnt tell me you knew all this before you read my post.. !

dinesh said...

Adutha post onnu ready pannu man !