Saturday, October 29, 2005

Professional Basketball - The NBA

Off all the American Sports , Professional Basketball a.ka NBA is my favourite.This fascination started not after I moved to the US but even when I was in India.It was 1996 and ESPN&STAR Sports , I guess were scrambling for programming , so they regularly showed NBA games.

It was easy to become a fan of the NBA in 1996.The reason would be two words..Michael Jordan.The greatest player ever to have ever played basketball ! I could go on and on about him but no matter what I say , it would not do justice to Jumpman23.

After being a BULLS fan for obvious reasons all those years , I eventually became a CAVS fan , the local team of Cleveland.Let me be honest , being a CAVS fan is not easy.They literally sucked real bad during those years 2000-2002.But things changed and Goddess Luck smiled on the "Mistake on the Lake" , by presenting LebronJames as our No.1 pick in the year's draft.LBJ as he is called changed Professional Basketball in Cleveland.A tremendously gifted player , James , ascended to the Rookie of the Year honors.His second year was even better , averaging , 27 pts 7 assists 7 rebounds , LBJ equalled a feat only 5 players have done earlier in the league.But there was a glaring omission.No Playoffs - both the years.As good as Lebron was , he needed help.Well he has help now , the CAVS under a new owner , Dan Gilbert went on a shopping spree during the offseason and landed Larry Hughes ,Damon Jones , Donyell Marshall and Alan Henderson.James has help now .No more excuses , CAVS would or rather should be in the Playoffs this season.

As a CAVS fan , thats what I hope for , that what I dream about every day , every night.

3 comments:

Sriram said...

Way to go mams..Hopefully Cavs rebound like Spurs did...By the way, do try audiobloggin...

dinesh said...

Nice write up dude ! Yeah, it sure has been a mstake on the lake so far. How long has it been since any team from cleveland won a championship ? Not since 1947 if I am not mistaken ? It'time somebody put up a team that really does the job ! The indians are putting up a strong showing as well. I have a feel a championship is around the corner....

Anonymous said...

en peru le evano irukkan.. adhanaale anonymous

sayee, good effort on the first one dude. ennamo da. I've lost the zing for NBA. Not because Jazz have been down for a couple years, but Baseball le podra energy drains me out by the time NBA rolls around.

I can relate to your fervor! Enjoy writing. maybe i'll follow suit.